Picture from Tarnished Lady.
Ever since I saw the most recent revival of Follies last week, I can't get those amazing showgirls costumes out of my head. The show was inspired by the magnificent and over-the-top shows produced by Florenz Ziegfeld, the starmaker of his time. He was famous enough that not one, but two biopics were made about his life and work.
Now I'm daydreaming about unlimited glamour.
Picture found here.
Picture found at Feather Girl.
Get the Look:
- Gaze at the amazing illustrations in this book on artist and costumer Erte. $10.17 at Amazon.
- Vampy red lipstick is a necessity. $34 at Nordstrom.
- Any showgirl needs her vanity set, $30 at Amazon.
- Get glittering skin underneath the lights with Vera Wang's powder puff, $35 at Amazon.
- A glorious headpiece is a must, although this is a bit diminutive comparatively. $42 at Etsy.
- Deck yourself in a fabulous art deco-inspired pendant by Kenneth Jay Lane, $225 at Net-a-Porter.
- Every Follies girl knows the power of soft pink lighting, $3.99 bulb.
- Dancing feet will look great in the footlights with these sparklers by Stuart Weitzman. $225 at Shop the Shoebox.