Friday, May 13, 2011

Curb Appeal

  

Considering I don't have a house or a yard, I spend a strange amount of time thinking about front doors and gardens. Front doors seem like such a missed design opportunity for most people, don't you think? Not dressing your porch seems like forgetting lipstick to me...your outfit might be awesome but the look is just not complete. I personally have a weakness for red doors (maybe it's Elizabeth Arden's fault), but I was digging these colorful beauties I spotted on Pinterest. I especially love the greenery on each porch.

For those of you who DO have a front porch to spruce and some money burning a hole in your pocket, might I suggest some of these items:


1. Steel Polyhedron Pendant, $595 at Restoration Hardware.
2. Neutra House Numbers, $48 each at Design Within Reach (I've had these bookmarked for about five years!!).
3.French Metal Agave, $119 at Restoration Hardware, perfect for those of us who will never have green thumbs.
4. Hexagonal Zinc Planter, $68 at Terrain.
5. Nautical Outdoor Light, $99 at Shades of Light.
6. Galvanized Scroll Pot, $18 at Terrain.

Happy gardening! As for me, I haven't even made a motion toward any of the plants you all so thoughtfully recommended. Maybe this weekend?

No comments: